下一页
1. Children who are over-protected by their parents may become _____.
A) hurt C) spoiled
B) damaged D) harmed
2. There were some _____ flowers on the table.
A) artificial C) false
B) unnatural D) unreal
3. Many people complain of the rapid _____ of modern life.
A) rate C) pace
B) speed D) denied
4. American women were _____ the right to vote until 1920 after many years of hard struggle.
A) ignored C) refused
B) neglected D) denied
5. There's little chance that mankind would _____ a nuclear war.
A) retain C) maintain
B) endure D) survive
6. Our company decided to _____ the contract because a number of the conditions in it had not
A) destroy C) assume
B) resist D) cancel
7. In the advanced course students must take performance tests at monthly _____ .
A) gaps C) length
B) intervals D) distance
8. The _____ of blood always makes him feel sick.
A) form C) look
B) view D) sight
9. Free medical treatment in this country covers sickness of mind as well as _____ sicknesses.
A) normal C) average
B) ordinary D) regular
10. This hotel _____ $60 for a single room with bath.
A) charges C) prices
B) increase D) claims
11. The government is trying to do something to _____ better understanding between the two countries.
A) raise C) heighten
B) increase D) promote此信息来自:永久免费网（http://www.farfree.com）转载请保留信息正确性,谢谢！
12. I'm very sorry to have _____ you with so many questions on such an occasion.
A) interfered C) impressed
B) offended D) bothered
13. The price of beer _____ from 50 cents to $4 per liter during the summer season.
A) altered C) separated
B) ranged D) differed
14. Although they plant trees in this area every year the tops of some hills are still _____.
A) bland C) vacant
B) hollow D) bare
15. Medical care reform has become this country's most important public health _____.
A) question C) matter
B) stuff D) issue
16. In preparing scientific reports of laboratory experiments, a student should _____ his findings
in logical order and clear language.
A) furnish C) raise
B) propose D) present
17. A healthy life is frequently thought to be _____ with the open countryside and homegrown
A) tied C) involved
B) bound D) associated
18. Features such as height, weight, and skin color _____ from individual to individual and from
face to face.
A) change C) alter
B) vary D) convert
19. It has been revealed that some government leaders _____ their authority and position to get
illegal for themselves.
A) employ C) abuse
B) take D) overlook
20. Writing is a slow process, requiring _____ thought, time, and effort.
A) significant C) enormous
B) considerable D) numerous
21. New York _____ second in the production of 850,000,000 pounds this year.
A) ranked C) arranged
B) occupied D) classified
22. I caught a _____ of the taxi before it disappeared around the corner of the street.
A) vision C) look
B) glimpse D) scene
23. The strong storm did a lot of damage to the coastal villages: several fishing boats were _____
and many houses collapsed.
A) wrecked C) torn
B) spoiled D) injured
24. Please be careful when you are drinking coffee in case you _____ the new carpet.
A) crash C) spot
B) pollute D) stain
25. As a result of careless washing the jacket _____ to a child's size.
A) compressed C) dropped
B) shrank D) decreased
26. He hoped the firm would _____ him to the Paris branch.
A) exchange C) transfer
B) transmit D) remove
27. The engine _____ smoke and steam.
A) gives up C) gives away
B) gives in D) gives of f
28. They _____ in spite of the extremely difficult condition.
A) carried out C) carried on
B) carried off D) carried forward
29. When _____ Mr. Jones gets old, he will _____ over his business to his son.
A) take C) think
B) hand D) get
30. Important people don't often have much free time as their work _____ all their time.
A) takes away C) takes up
B) takes over D) takes in
答案：CACDD DBDBA DDBDC DDBCB ABADB CDCBC
31. When I was very young, I was terribly frightened of school, but I soon _____ it.
A) get off C) got away
B) got across D) got over
32. I always _____ what I have said.
A) get to C) lead to
B) hold to D) see to
33. Mr. Wilson said that he did not want to _____ any further responsibilities.
A) take on C) put up
B) get on D) look up
34. The French pianist who had been praised very highly _____ to be a great disappointment.
A) turned up C) turned out
B) turned in D) turned down
35. When a fire _____ at the National Exhibition in London, at least ten priceless paintings were completely destroyed.
A) broke off C) broke out
B) broke down D) broke up
36. The destruction of these treasures was a loss for mankind that no amount of money could _____.
A) stand up to C) come up with
B) put up with D) make up for
37. Then the speaker _____ the various factors leading to the present economic crisis.
A) went after C) went for
B) went into D) went on
38. You cannot be _____ careful when you drive a car.
A) very C) so
B) too D) enough
39. Five minutes earlier, _____ we could have caught the last train.
A) and C) or
B) but D) so
40. He's watching TV? He's _____ to be cleaning his room.
A) known C) regarded
B) considered D) supposed
41. Because Edgar was convinced of the accuracy of this fact, he _____ his opinion.
A) stuck to C)struck
B) strove for D) stood for
42. Our son doesn't know to _____ at the university; he can't make up his mind about his future.
A) take in C) take over
B) take up D) take after
43. A lorry _____ Jam's cat and sped away.
A) ran over C) ran through
B) ran into D) ran down
44. Frequently single-parent children _____ some of the function that the absent adult in the house would have served.
A) take off C) take in
B) take after D) take on
45. I want to buy a new tie to _____ this brown suit.
A) go into C) go with
B) go after D) go by
46. I can't _____ what that object is.
A) made up C) make out
B) make over D) make for
47. When the whole area was _____ by the flood, the government sent food there by helicopter.
A) cut away C) cut up
B) cut down D) cut off
48. If you don't like to swim, you _____ stay at home.
A) should as well C) can as well
B) may as well D) would as well